World events have focused attention on Iraq in recent years. There was very little information available on the web about the country’s rail network, so in 2003 or so I put together some pages with various odds and ends.
The website is completely unofficial, and I’ve only ever seen Iraq from the window of an airliner at night, but hopefully it gives some information on railway matters there. While I don’t really attempt to keep these pages about Iraq up to date nowadays, there is enough interest in the subject that I have decided to keep them live.
More information is always welcome!
- General information on railway lines in Iraq
- Iraq rail news and updates
- History of Iraq’s railways
- Trams & metros in Iraq
Locomotives & rolling stock of Iraq
- Official website: General Company For Iraqi RailWays
- Iraq railway links
- Some links to Middle East railway websites